Ethical Trading Statement
HeartART is committed to ensuring a high standard of ethical and environmental trade practices, including the provision of safe working conditions and the protection of workers’ rights, within the business of those with which it trades or deals. In pursuance of these objectives we will take such steps as are proportionate in order to:
- build active partnerships with the parties with which we trade in order to develop more sustainable supply chains for all the products we sell.
- recognise the rights and expectations of workers, in all parts of the supply chain of which we are a part in particular that:
- employment is freely chosen
- under-age workers are not employed
- working conditions are safe and hygienic
- living wages are paid
- working hours are not excessive
- no discrimination or exploitation is practiced
- regular employment is provided.
- no harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
- the right to representation and trade union membership is recognised
- treat everyone with whom our business has contact, internally and externally, with dignity and respect, and to value diversity and utilise the differences people bring to the business
- reduce the impact of our business on the environment by maximising the use of recyclable materials in our products and packaging.
- ensure that everyone involved in our supply chains benefits from trading with us
- To treat everyone with whom our business has contact, internally and externally, with dignity and respect, and to value diversity and utilise the differences people
- ensure all operations in the supply chain are non-discriminatory in respect of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation and offer equal opportunities all.